In order to achieve complete rehabilitation, Aquahab Physical Therapy offers a stand-alone land therapy program as well as a combined aquatic and land therapy program, depending on your needs.
Land therapy can involve one or all of several different treatment interventions. These include:
- Therapeutic exercise- for example, dynamic stabilization, pilates exercises, physio-ball training, isokinetics, closed kinetic training, progressive resistance exercises, and cardiovascular circuit training
- Functional activities- for example, gait training, ascending/descending stairs, bed mobility, transfers (rising from a seated position to standing one or getting out of bed)
- Moist Heat/Cold Packs- to reduce inflammation and/or pain
- Electrical stimulation- to reduce pain
- Ultrasound- to assist with resolution of inflammation and pain
- Massage- to reduce muscle spasm, decrease pain and improve your function
- Manual Therapy Techniques- to reduce pain, increase range of motion and allow quicker return to pain-free activities. Examples of Manual Therapy Techniques include McKenzie, Mulligan, Maitland and Paris methods
In the event that you participate in our combined land and aquatic program, you will start in the aquatic program and be gradually introduced to our land therapy program as improvements are recorded and goals are met during your aquatic rehabilitation.
As a result of this program, you will increase your overall strength, endurance, and cardiovascular capacity. You will also learn, through constant education and supervision, how to recognize your physical limitations, and how to avoid future injury. The goal is to return you to your maximum functional capacity and teach you techniques to help keep you there.